September 8, 2014: The Pipes, The Pipes are Calling

September 8, 2014: The Pipes, The Pipes are Calling

Life is good in Las Milpas. Even though I just realized I don't know what "milpas" means.

We have a good number of members in our area. One of them, Kimberly, is super sick. She's been a member for like not even a month and she has already brought her aunt to church, who just got confirmed on Sunday. We celebrated her birthday on Friday as well. Tres Leches cake is soooooo good.

Elder Lindsay's super cool. he's from Wyoming. He likes to say English phrases in Spanish, which either don't translate at all or translate really badly. Like "mi mal" for "my bad" or "mi hombre!" for " my man!" He's a goof.

It's been kinda rainy all week, but nothing has hit us too hard. Mostly it's been nice having cooler weather.

Crazy stuff:

We're visiting some members when this big, fat momma spider comes walkin' in like she owns the place. We know she was a momma spider because, a couple minutes after we kicked it back outside, we noticed the floor was covered with tiny baby spiders. We spent a good 4 minutes jumping around stomping them all.

I saw the husband of the first person I baptized here at the Las Milpas Walmart. Small world.

Most of our zone is not from Utah. Three of us are from Washington!
I broke the record for longest time taken to cross the pipe. I'll talk about it later.
We've been trying to use the word "hankerin" as much as humanly possible.

Waking up yesterday morning and trying to get down from the top bunk, I smashed my head against against the ceiling fan going top velocity. The bump on my head swelled up almost exactly like a Wile E. Coyote cartoon. Whenever anyone asked about it, I said either my companion hit me or it was a 'possum attack.
Spiritual Thought:

We watched this video at zone meeting.
http://www.mormonchannel.org/video/mormon-messages?v=1101417665001
And then we talked about what it means to do what Jesus would do.
And then I thought about John 10:11-15
11 I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth his life for the sheep.
12 But he that is an hireling, and not the shepherd, whose own the sheep are not, seeth the wolf coming, and leaveth the sheep, and fleeth: and the wolf catcheth them, and scattereth the sheep.
13 The hireling fleeth, because he is an hireling, and careth not for the sheep.
14 I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.
15 As the Father knoweth me, even so know I the Father: and I lay down my life for the sheep.
So what would Jesus do?
Think about that one for next time. Love you dawgs.

Elder Dylan Young