December 22,2014: Waaaar Issss Ooooo-verrrr. . .

December 22,2014: Waaaar Issss Ooooo-verrrr. . . 

A very Merry Christmas. . .  and a Happy New Year!!!

Let's hope it's a good one. Without any fears.
So last night we sang a bunch of Christmas hymns with the stake youth choir down at the Hidalgo festival of lights. It's a fabulous veritable winter wonderland down there, in spite of the lack of snow.

In other news, everyone in the apartment is sick except for me. But they'll never catch me, no sir. I'm invincible. I wrote that in my notes when Elder Foster did a conference with us, so it must be true.

Speaking of general authorities, we have a confirmed Apostle visit at the end of January. And we're all pretty sure it's Elder Holland. So if anyone out there happens to see Elder Holland around the town, could you do us the favor of asking him? Thanks.

Highlight: Our awesome amazing investigator family bought us tacos.

Bummer: But then I accidentally left them at a crazy person's house.

Highlight: We had the Christmas zone conference, at which I saw Elder Lindsay, our slightly racist Christmas skit got some good laughs, and we saw a surprise slide show full of baby pictures of all the missionaries.

Bummer: I jammed my left thumb playing basketball and then smashed my right thumb locking up the bikes. For a couple days, I was thumb-less.

Clearly, life is full of ups and downs. But when you think about, the only things that matter are the ups. :) Everyone remember the reason for the season: "And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord."

There is no better time to be happy. Neither is there any better time to help people who aren't happy to be happy. So go do it!

In closing, although it's been said, many times, many ways: Merry Christmas to you.

<3 font="">

Elder Dylan Young