January 20, 2015: Digging My Own Grave

January 20, 2015: Digging My Own Grave

First of all, sorry no email yesterday, it was MLK day. We celebrated by eating oreos and drinking both chocolate and regular milk.
Also, I got transferred! Ah! To Harlingen! AH!!! I still can't get out of the valley to save my life. And with 3 transfers left, chances are I'll stay here until I go home... hence the subject line.
I saw my old comp Elder Pope at transfers. It was good.
Harlingen's a nice place. It's a bit more American than the rest of the valley, and WAY more so than Las Milpas. Everywhere I look I see Texans, and I can't remember how to relate with English speakers. I've caught myself saying "nombre" and "ay" to white people all the time.
My new comp is Elder Harmon, he's chill. I live with Elder Browning and Cannell in this weird loft thing. I drive a Dodge Caravan now, and we have to go shepherd around another 4-man district (the wolf pack) because none of them have cars.
I am "Momma Wolf"
This Sunday was stake conference, and there were some members of the quorums of the 70 down to call a new stake president. They spoke really powerfully about hastening the work of salvation. I've never been so pumped about family history! 4 more months, though.
I'll report more as time goes on, I guess. Until then, peace out girl scouts. And save me some thin mints.

<3 br="">
Elder Dylan Young