April 6, 2015: You Would Not Believe Your Eyes

April 6, 2015: You Would Not Believe Your Eyes

If ten-thousand fireflies
Were floating around Harlingen yesterday...

It was a magnificent sight. Plus, it was like the third time I've ever seen any fireflies in real life. I wish I could have taken a decent picture of them, but alas, 'twas not meant to be.

I hope everyone had a magnificent Easter Holiday. Did everyone enjoy smashing confetti filled egg shells on each others heads, or was just just us? I hope everyone watched general conference as well, since it was a blast. I've never felt so spiritually boosted. I know we all get down on ourselves every once in a while. Come on, admit it. But you know what? We don't need to! Just rely on Jesus Christ. Just like the #BecauseHeLives video says. So watch some general conference (right here: https://www.lds.org/general-conference ) and prepare to be refueled.

In other news, transfers snuck up on us once again. Elder Torres ya se va! We don't know where he's going yet. Or who my new comp will be. But I'm here in Harlingen for 6 more weeks... no more, no less. *gulp*

Just think how great life would be if we always recognized all the little miracles and blessings that surround us, that God is pouring out on our lives every minute of every day? I could recommend a bunch of little gimmicks and plans, but really it's all about putting forth the constant effort to change our attitudes. Let's all make the world a brighter place, shall we?

I love you lots, my peeps and peep-ettes. Stay classy.


~Elder Dylan Young