April 20, 2015: Ch-ch-ch--ch-changeeesss!

April 20, 2015: Ch-ch-ch--ch-changeeesss!

Everything's all topsy turvey here in the Rio Grande Valley. Long famous for being one of the only universally bilingual missions in the US, the changes that started in the McAllen area have spread east to the Harlingen Stake. Every companionship is now assigned to just one ward, like all of the other boring missions in the world. It's for the best though. There won't be as many missionaries in each ward, but each companionship will be totally focused on that one ward. The end goal is to help everyone become more active disciples and members of the church; no more relying on the 12 missionaries to take care of everything for you.

So we found out about this on Tuesday, and got the new area assignments Wednesday, and it's been hectic ever since. Elder Boyer and I had to switch apartments with Elder Ward and Elder Alonso, and now I miss my boys Elder Browning and Elder Brady.

We had interviews this week as well with President Maluenda. Basically what I was told is that I'm almost dead so don't screw up.

I got my hands on a clarinet yesterday from some member that hasn't touched it in years. It's really nice, too, a Buffett E11. I'm a little rusty after 2 YEARS, but hopefully I can get back into the swing of things in time for the missionary concert we're putting on in the park on May 9th. (It's gonna be ssssiiiiiiick!)


We were exploring out in the boonies again and found this funky thing in the same pen as the ostriches:

It's like an African safari out there, except that apparently this wildebeest things are native to Texas? (Someone look them up.)

I also learned how to make a snake skin belt. We pulled up to a member's house just in time to see her neighbors with a 33 inch coral snake they had just killed (like the "black and yellow kill a fellow" kind). She peeled off it's skin, showed us all the eternal organs, and then pulled out another snake about half as long that it had recently eaten and was working on digesting.

These same neighbors have a pet raccoon that's morbidly obese. It's hilarious. Pictures to come.

I thought this was amusing.
And that's all I have to say about that. I loooooooooooooove yooooooooooooooou!!!

~Elder Dylan Young