June 9, 2014: Over the River and Through the Woods, to Grandmother's House We Go

June 9, 2014

Or, "Por encima del rio y por el monte, a la casa de Abuela vayamos." Get it? Since everyone's grandma down here lives in Mexico? Haha. Trust me, it's funny.

So let's see... On Monday the zone went to the park to hang out and barbecue. Aren't we a swell group of fellas?


The good news is, those hives I had are totally gone. I still don't know what caused them. I'll be getting some hilarious pictures of my face from the other Elders as soon as possible.

The bad news is, I dropped my ocarina and it shattered and I was super sad, but thankfully I crazy glued it back together and it sounds just as good as ever.


Thursday marked the grand jubilee of my missionary career. It's hard to believe I haven't had one of my mom's world famous homemade waffles for that long, but it's true. As tradition dictates, Elder Shumway (who also turned a year old) and I each burned a t-shirt. It was quite beautiful and symbolic, I'm sure.





I'm basing my entire email this week on the pictures I've taken. So other than that, it wasn't a super exciting week. We did get a cool picture of our odometer:
Enough silliness. This week I've been studying a lot about how crazy awesome the priesthood is. Here we are as missionaries, with the same mandate that Christ gave to his original Apostles:

18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

That supreme power over everything that he mentions? That's what he gave to his Apostles. And that same power and authority was restored by those Apostles nowadays, and it's that priesthood authority that we now have in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I know that God is real, He hears our prayers and watches over us. I also know that he has chosen us, His children, imperfect and weak as we are, to reach out and help those in need, and He has given us the means and the power to accomplish whatever He needs us to do, if we rely on Him and trust in Him completely. Miracles are real.

I love you all so much and I'm so thankful for how awesome you all are. Until next time:
Elder Dylan Young <3

PS: Remember how I said "enough silliness"? I lied.