"Nothing so exquisite and sweet"

3/31/2014

I'm here to preach the gospel and chew gum.
And I'm all out of gum.

Plus, you know, we're not supposed to chew gum in public.

So this was a CRAAAAZY week. Our nephew, Elder J, showed up on Tuesday! WHOOHOO. We sang and played him the "Hello, *hello,* Hello, *hello*" song, but in Spanish. (Hola, *hola*, Hola, *hola*). He's cool and from Utah. 
Elder J (So green!)
But then something terrible happened. First of all, they got rid of two elders in our district and split the area between the other two companionships besides us. They then suddenly called and moved Elders S and J to the other apartment. We now have the whole apartment all to ourselves. We each have our own bathroom. Separate study and bedrooms. I have two mattresses, and my companion has three. He's drawn faces on three different light bulbs and named them all "light bulb friend." We've started a nightly program called "The Hand Show." We're... we're kinda lonely, and maybe losing our minds a little bit. But it's okay because in general our focus is better and we're making better use of our companion and Spanish study times and everything.

IN OTHER NEWS, we found some super cool investigators this week, and they're sisters! After the first lesson as we were walking to the car my companion said one looks just like his Ex-Girlfriend. I had myself a hearty laugh at that.

Before Zone Meeting this week, the zone leaders asked for questions they could ask us to help everyone get to know us. We sent... a lot. Like 23. Such as:
How much wood would you chuck if you could chuck wood?
Who would win in a fight, Hopper from A Bug's Life or Captain Hook (assuming they're the same size)?
What do you think about global warming?
Boxers or briefs?
Who's your favorite Ninja Turtle?
If you were a large body of water, which would you be?
Why are there so many songs about rainbows?
How many of you does it take to screw in a light bulb?
How many teeth do you have? Why?
If ice cream were a vegetable, would you eat it with ranch dressing?
Just to name a few. They asked me what one quality my future wife would have, and when I realized I couldn't decide, I said aloud "Maaan." Yeah. Everyone else had themselves a hearty laugh at that.

Spiritual thought: Alma 36:21 says, 
"Yea, I say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea, and again I say unto you, my son, that on the other hand, there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy."
Then verse 24 says, 
"Yea, and from that time even until now, I have labored without ceasing, that I might bring souls unto repentance; that I might bring them to taste of the exceeding joy of which I did taste; that they might also be born of God."
We've all gone through dark times, where we know we wouldn't have made it through without the power of deliverance that the Lord so freely offers us. It'd be just plain selfish not to give everything to help others find the joy we've tasted and get to taste every day.

Sooooo ummmmm I love you all. Peace.

Elder Dylan Young

Cheeto Spoon Man

A Cute Puppy

Our friend Sully singing us a little ditty, "I wouldn't have nothin' if I didn't have you. . ."