Happy PI Day & St. Patrick's Day

3/17/2014

Greetings, fellow humans.

Also, happy St. Patrick's day, laddies!
 For Saint Patrick's day, we sang "A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief" with Irish accents


These week's been really just another great week in the Rio Grande Valley. You know, taught a few super cool people, talked with a bunch of crazy, drunk, and/or high people. The norm.

We had stake conference this weekend! That was cool since I got to see a bunch of missionary pals from another zone that I haven't seen in a while. And Elder Roberts from the Quorum of the Seventy came down to speak, which was cool. I had also not seen so many white people in one place since zone conference. We went to the Saturday and Sunday meetings, and in both of them the stake youth choir sang the youth theme "Come Unto Christ" with a live string quartet. It was awesome. They even sang part in Spanish. During the whole meeting, almost half the congregation was wearing headphones which were broadcasting the live Spanish translation of the speakers. Bishop Weger's wife and their son Danny from our ward took turns translating. The first thing Danny said when they went live was "Welcome to Dairy Queen, may I take your order?" It was funny but I don't know how many people appreciated it since everyone listening spoke Spanish. At the end the missionaries sang "Onward Christian Soldiers," also partly in Spanish

The number one message I picked up from stake conference was "Use the missionaries!" Missionary work is really the responsibility of the members, from the stake president on down. The mission president and missionary side of things are in charge of teaching and interviewing, but really the finding, converting, and bringing into the fold is the member's job. So use us! Give us assignments! Let us eat at your house while your neighbors are over! Let's hasten this work!

Also someone used the phrase "love each other to our heart's content." I put it in my notes. It makes less sense the more you think about it.

I love you all so very very much. Ta-ta!

~Mister Doctor Professor Elder Young
Our zone after a zone meeting, doing after-zone-meeting things.

Flower tie Sunday

A weird barn full of old arcade games

Hola familia!!!

How's everything going? Sorry about last week, I'm not sure what happened, they just suddenly kicked us off the computers and none of us were brave enough to go ask for more time. 

PI Day was pretty fun. I had totally forgotten about it, but those pies were super good. And that Dinosaur Comic was great. It made me think though, just how many new ones there are since he updates five days a week. *Whew* But it's okay, there are plenty of scriptures to study and stuff.

I realized that I want my retainers, because Elder Shumway has been talking a lot about how much he takes care of his teeth. Can you send them the next holiday? What would it be, May Day or something?

I hope dad feels better soon! I woke up with a sore throat and stuffy nose the other day but it already feels better. I just took a few Dayquils and I was fine.

Man, I miss Bryan Regan. We quote him a lot in the apartment, when stuff reminds us of his jokes. Like whenever we can't spell something, we go "Cat, K-A-T, I'm outta here." It's funny.

How's Sister Shepherd doing? Have you had her over to eat yet? Don't forgot to sing her "It's All Coming Back to Me" by Celine Dion. Dad can do it if you or Cassidy don't want to.

I love you all so much!!! Stay awesome!!!!!!!


~Elder Dylan Young