Fear Not, Little Flock; Do Good

4/28/14

Since we emailed Tuesday afternoon last week, not as much happened between now and then. I'm still wearing my Sonic the Hedgehog watch.

I forgot to mention that last Monday we celebrated Elder S's birthday at the M's House. We ate Mole ("moe-lay, it's chicken marinaded in chocolate. I think I like it...) and played a few rounds of that game where you put cards on your forehead and try to guess who you are. It was a Disney version. It was fun.

We got to have a five-man slumber party on Tuesday night with the missionaries from Rio since there was a big meeting all the way in McAllen the next morning. Good times.

We caught a little camel spider (I think that's what it is) outside our apartment and named him Spider Bro. We tried feeding him a dragonfly, an ant, and a beetle, but he wasn't hungry I guess. Then he starved to death.

Quote of the day:

33 Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward.
34 Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail.

Here's the link: https://www.lds.org/scriptures/dc-testament/dc/6?lang=eng#

The moral of the story: Just keep swimming.

High school's ending, and I heard that BYU finals just finished. Pretty soon I'll have been out for a year. AAH.

I can't believe you went to Video Games Live without me. Just living my dream, huh? Which Chrono Trigger song was it?


Will I even recognize Spencer when we Skype?

I bet the Peanut Streusel Pie will be the best. Prom's gonna be awesome! Make sure to get a ton of pictures!

This week was kind of tough. We've been sitting down with a lot of people and having good first lessons, with them, and then having them suddenly cancel the return appointments and we can never see them again. Basically there are many who will hear but few who will listen, and even less who will be doers of the word. But we know we can grow from the hard times to become more powerful witnesses of the truth, and even if some people wouldn't accept the gospel no matter what, they at least can prepare us for those who will.

But in the meeting with Stake President C that we had this week, he talked about the Plan of Salvation as well, specifically the Atonement. In order to enjoy the blessings of the Atonement, we need to participate in ordinances like the Sacrament as well as the ordinances of the temple. There was a random lady at Ross who told us about how she had gone up to the temple in San Antonio all day Saturday and is going back this next weekend and about how awesome it was. We're trying to help the members here get that kind of enthusiasm for the gospel, to bring less actives back and get everyone involved in missionary work. 

I loooooooooove you all!
~Elder Young



P.S: I held a kitten! Yay!