Hola From Texas!

Hola familia!!!

I'm here in Texas, safe and sound! I'm working in a town called Weslaco, not too far from McAllen. It's a great place. It gets windy, which sometimes helps cool you down, but biking into the wind can be a pain. We go to the English and the Spanish wards every Sunday. I didn't really understand anything in the Spanish ward, but that's alright. We don't have any Spanish speaking investigators at the moment, but hopefully we find some soon so I can get more practice. I love the people here, though! Everyone is amazing. We get fed at least once a day, and the food is amazing. I'll try to pick up some recipes as time goes on and send some home, but I don't know if you could get all the spices and stuff up in Washington.

It's definitely hot down here, even though it has supposedly been abnormally cool the past few days. They call it the valley, which makes no sense considering there aren't even any hills.

My companion is Elder Charles, and he's great. Maybe I'll remember to take some pictures before next week. He's busy being the district leader, but we still work hard to learn and to teach as much as we can. Our whole district here is great. There are 12 missionaries serving in the chapel here, and four of us are greenies. It's crazy! You know God has something planned for these two wards with so many missionaries here. We're right by the church and the grocery store, HEB, so that's nice.

It sounds like Scout Camp was a lot of fun. I can't believe Spencer is such a good shot! I'm so glad you're working on Duty to God and reading scriptures, Spence. How have you liked Fablehaven so far? I can't wait to see Despicable Me 2.

I hope Cassidy has a great time at EFY, and has a bunch of awesome teachers and friends.

I don't have a lot of time left. P-days are still super busy. I'll try to write more handwritten letters from now on. I love you all and hope you keep finding ways to help people and stand as witnesses of Christ in all things and at all times and in all places.

Con Mucho Amor,

-Elder Young