To Be Worthier Servants of the Lord

January 6, 2014

Hola Mama!!!

The time definitely flies no matter what's going on. The Mormon Message DVDs are awesome. There's actually another missionary in the district that wants me to ask you if you can make him some.

The Old Testament is pretty cool. Sometimes I wish we had more time to study every day. An hour of personal study isn't quite enough sometimes. It's good though. The Book of Mormon is definitely awesome. Plus I bet more people like to read in Spokane than here. I'm sure there are tons of people who would love to give it a read some time.

The missionaries down here haven't been knocking on doors since before I got here. We talk with everyone we see on the streets, but other than that we work with the members a lot or go by former investigators or potential people whose information we have in the apartment. We haven't gotten a hold of the man who had a seizure recently, but we'll definitely go by every once in a while. There's one family we found with a 13 year old guy named Giovani and his aunt Dora. Giovani loves Minecraft and Pokemon and everything Nintendo, and wears a Pikachu hat all the time. They're super cool.

New Years Eve was great, getting to watch Mulan with the Zone. Now "Be A Man" is stuck in all of our heads. Thursday wasn't so great since I had to stay inside all day with some kind of flu, but I'm all good now. We've made a bunch of New Year's Resolutions as missionaries to be worthier servants of the Lord for 2014. It's gonna be great.

I love you all so much!!! Keep of praying and staying true to the faith!


Hola Cassadah!

Rees always wanted me to read the Belgariad but I never got around to it. I've never thought about it being our duty to be joyful, but that's definitely true. That's part of sharing the gospel, letting others see how blessed and happy we are. And it's also part of showing gratitude for all the blessings we have.

I don't quite know the names of everyone in the Spanish ward, since it's huge and everyone is speaking Spanish plus we don't have as many Spanish members in our area. It's awesome you're doing the gratitude journal. I'll admit I haven't been writing in my journal as much as I should be. I'll get better for sure.

Are you excited for college??? You're getting sooooo big! I love you so much too!!! 


Hola Papa!!!

It's awesome that Brazil has grown so much while you were there. I can't wait until there's a temple announced here in the Rio Grande Valley. A root canal sounds awful, I'm taking good care of my teeth down here. I had a cold last week too. It was pretty bad on Thursday but now I'm all patched up, with lots of Dayquil and everything. I definitely need to write in my journal more. Not only will I want it years from now to look back on the mission, but it'll help me to see and recognize the hand of the Lord every day here in the mission. I love you too!!!!!